Saturday, March 24, 2012

Bunnies & Blossoms For Kids Blog Hop

Sketch Blog Hop here



Welcome to the Bunnies and Blossoms Banner Hop for Special Needs Children.

Today and tomorrow (March 24-25), 30+fantastic papercrafters have come together to create Spring-themed banners.They will then donate these banners to Ellen (CardMonkey), who works as Admissions Coordinator at Pediatric Specialty Care (PSC), www.pediatricspecialty.com.

PSC is a long-term care facility for special needs children who are medically-fragile and/or technologically-dependent. The babies, children and youths at PSC range in age from birth to 21, and are admitted from all over the country.
Some are infants, born prematurely and before their lungs have had a chance to mature. Others have serious birth defects,illnesses or injuries from accidents that cause them to need tender loving care in a home-like environment -- many for their lifetimes.

Our banners are meant to cheer the young patients, their families, and the staff at PSC. Here is the banner that I made and will be sending to Ellen to decorate a child's room:

This is my 4th banner hop that I've participated in and I'll tell ya, it brings me great joy when I make them.


Recipe:
Papers are from my stash/scraps
Paper piecing pattern is from Treasure Box Designs Growing Like Weeds
The lettering came from my SCAL, I just pulled a font that was already on the software
Birthday Bash Cricut cartridge
White gel pen
Copic Sketch Markers-B95, C10, YG63


Here are two more pictures...







We DO have a tasty bit of blog candy to thank you for visiting us today! What's the prize??!

How about a beautiful handmade (courtesy of our Blog Hop Hostess, CardMonkey!) Cricut Cozy Covers?! Each one is individually styled in your pick of colors and embroidered words! These are RARE because CardMonkey does not make them for sale and she usually sticks to paper, not sewing!!

To qualify, there are two steps: 1. Comment on as many Bunny & Blossoms Blog Hop blogs as you wish -- the more blogs on which you comment, the more chances you have to win. There will only be one winner, picked at random by Random.Org.

2. Follow and comment on the CardMonkey blog ... Leave a comment on our Hop Hostess's site (http://cardmonkey-business.blogspot.com) and let her know if your name is picked, what 2 accent colors you'd like on your Cricut Cozy Cover, and what text you'd like embroidered (up to 3 lines). You MUST be a follower of the CardMonkey blog to win and you MUST leave a way for her to contact you if your name is picked.


So now .... onto your next stop on the Bunnies and Blossoms Banner Hop: Jearise's Blog!


DO stop back tomorrow when there will be about 20 more crafters showing their banners! (You will see me tomorrow, I made another banner)

30 comments:

Ellen Jarvis said...

BEAUTIFUL banner, Ashley -- as always!! I love the sunny smiles on the flowers, just too cute. This will surely light up the eyes of the children at Pediatric Specialty Care. Thank you again for each time you've put so much love into your banners. I -- and the children -- truly appreciate you!

P.S. - Congratulations on hitting the 700 follower milestone!!

Fondly,
Ellen ♥ CardMonkey
http://cardmonkey-business.blogspot.com
E-mail: cardmonkey@comcast.net

Cindy :) said...

fabulous banner Ashley :) loving those faces :)

Vicki said...

What a happy banner. Makes me smile. :)

Vicki
vwilson577 at yahoo.com

Josie0602 said...

I think this is possibly the cutest banner I have seen! I love the cute flower pots!!

Tracy

Lucy Kelleher said...

So cute! I love that you made flower pots for the flowers. This will really brighten some child's room :)

Lucy
http://love2createitall.blogspot.com

Shelly Lynn said...

Such an adorable banner Ashley!! I love it!! And I'm sure the kids will too!! Those little faces on the flowers are so darn cute!! :)

Shelly
http://kccroppers.blogspot.com

Shawnee said...

Adorable banner, Ashley. I love those cute faces. Great job!!

Cathie Rigby said...

Definitely a beautiful banner! Great job I'm sure it will bring lots of smiles as the kids see it. TFS what a great Hop. Cathie
www.creativecutterroom.com

Debbie T said...

Just love your banner, nice clean lines and am sure the kids will just love it. :)

Nancy said...

I love the Flower Pot Smile Banner. It will make many people smile, I am sure!

Nancy
allibrary (at) aol (dot) com

Donna Lee said...

Awesome banner and it made me smile!

TheTulipCollector said...

Great banner!! I love the happy flowers.

Beth said...

Ashley: The flowers are sooo cute! They will definitely brighten some lucky child's day with their adorable flowerpot smiles.

Congrats, on hitting 700+ followers too!

Blessings~Beth

missstamper said...

I love your cheery Spring banner!

Edwina said...

Ashley, I love your smiling flowers! They are so adorable! Did you draw the faces yourself? You can't help smiling when you see them. Edwina Brown edwina.brown@live.com

Unknown said...

Your banner is so sweet! I loved the sneak peak on FB!! I love the flower pots and the colored in faces!!!

Glad to be in this hop with you once again!!!

Unknown said...

Love your banner Ashley!
It is going to really make the kids smile.
It is good to be in the hop with you.
Blessings
Rachelle
joyfulhrt at gmail dot com

Janet said...

super cute banner I love those faces they are adorable and a great sentiment. Who could not smile after seeing this banner! Nice hopping with you again!Big Blog Hugs, Janet

Anita Braddock said...

wow how beautiful this is I love the colors and the papers supper cute.
thanks for sharing
abbraddock@msn.com

jessica said...

Such a great banner Ashley! love those adorable flowers!!!
TFS :)
jessica
chick-n-scrap.blogspot.com
eschfamily@yahoo.com

K Clark said...

love your smile banner... so fun

sarah said...

what a cute banner & it made me smile!!!
texasgrama7@gmail.com

Maria said...

Super sweet banner!!!

Carley said...

THis is beautiful! I am stunned at what a great thing you guys are doing here! This is amazing! Thank you for sharing this with me!
Hugs
Carley

Alljazzed2create said...

I love this flower banner. So much fun and will certainly bring a smile the a childs face.

Bless you,
Phelps@smt-net.com

Kitty said...

Sweet little flowers! Love this baner- such a springy palette!

Sue D said...

Your banner makes me smile!
slrdowney at hotmail dot com

Robin said...

Super cute banner. Love the bright flowers / colors.

Robin
scrapandchat.blogspot.com

Linsey R said...

What a wonderful banner and I'm definitely SMILING!!! Thank you for making and sharing such a beautiful project for such a marvelous cause! xoxo

Unknown said...

Beautiful banner! Love the faces on the flowers... too cute!
www.craftycardgallery.blogspot.com
craftycardgallery at gmail.com