Sunday, October 28, 2012

Happy Halloween Card (Step By Step Sunday)

Happy Sunday!
Are you all having a great weekend?!  I'm anxiously awaiting Hurricane Sandy to make landfall so I've been crafting pretty much all weekend.


So I've been MIA with the last two Step By Step Sundays.  My apologies, as most of you know I am returning back to school in January so my time has been spent getting things prepared for then. I'm pretty much squared away so you will see me more often now :)


Today I am sharing a card with no paper piecings so the step by step should be quick and as always if you only want to see the final card/project, just scroll to the bottom of the post.  I get a lot of questions about how I put phrase shaped cards together so today I'm sharing just that.


So I went with another shape from the Silhouette store...





I opened it in the Silhouette software and sized it to my liking...





From here I created an offset shape that will be a blackout shape...





While the shape is still highlighted, I adjusted the offset shape distance to my liking (#1) and when I was happy with the measurement, I selected Apply (#2)...





I moved the offset shape out of the way and repeated to create another offset shape but this time I would leave the measurement alone as this will be the start of my card base...






What I do next is cut the offset shape, create a new drawing and paste.  From there I copy and paste to create the second base shape.  Select the shape (#1).  Right click and select Flip Vertically (#2).  From there the shape will flip and that will eventually be the back of the card...





I put the shapes together so that they joined where I wanted the fold of the card.  From here, I selected both pieces (#1) and then selected Weld (#2)...





I have my base...




Once I had everything cut out, I made sure I was happy with placement before gluing (this card really was a no brainer with placement).  After that I glued everything down and added some faux stitching and this was my end result...




Papers came from my stash.



Thank you so much for visiting and I hope you enjoyed Step By Step Sunday.  Phrase cards are so easy they really are great cards to make especially when you are short on time but still want to create your own.



Have a fabulous crafty day!

8 comments:

snappy scrappy said...

So cute...perfect shape card! Lee-Ann :)

Lisa said...

I love this!! The shape is so fun!! What an awesome card, Ashley!! Stay safe my friend. Saying prayers for everyone in the path of the storm.

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Paperberrycards said...

Great card! What do you do with all the cards you make?

Kate said...

Great tutorial my friend. Love it.

Kim Ricketts said...

Such an awesome card and tutorial!!!

Kim :)

Migdalia said...

Super Cute and Cool card!Good Luck in school!

Claire Spielman said...

I'm changing your name to the "Stitchy blogger"! Love this sweet stitched card!
Happy for you with lots of upcoming January excitement but VERY concerned you will do o.k. with the upcoming storm.Stay safe and heed the warnings....take that from a FL girl!!
hugs,
Claire

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Super cute and spooky card! Great shape! I have some blog candy come on over and enter! Carri~Abusybee