Sunday, November 14, 2010

Relaxing & Crafting

So everyone loved my wedding card cake box from my sister's wedding yesterday that I actually got 2 orders out of the night which I was not expecting.  After much needed sleep, I got a late start to my day today and only crafted a little bit.  I got some pictures for some of things that I did.  My lovely fiance bought me a new camera a few days ago and I'm still trying to figure it out.  So some of the pictures may be a bit off.




The wooden note holder/calender was purchased at AC Moore.  Was altered with My Studio acrylic paint color Tan.  The paper was from K & Co My Life's Journey.  It was distressed with Broken China distress ink.  The number and month blocks were a kinda happy mistake.  I started to paint them with the acrylic paint and realized I covered up the numbers and letters.  I managed to locate tan paper, make boxes out of my cricut cartridge "Tags, Bags, Boxes and More" and put the wood blocks inside the paper blocks.  The month wood blocks were wrapped around with the tan paper, nothing special.  The lettering and numbers came from black vinyl that was included with my purchase when my fiance bought me my cricut bundle (Yes, my fiance is very good to me).  I used my cricut cartridge "Plantin Schoolbook" to cut the letters and numbers out.
I ended up giving this to my future mother-in-law whose birthday is coming up on the 19th so I found a home for my project.  That's all I got to today.  I have a card that I want to share but I will post those pictures when I have some more time which will be tomorrow.