Welcome to the 50 States Blog Hop!!
For the 50 States Blog Hop Michigan, click here.
Welcome to the 50 States Blog Hop! Most of us would love to travel but are having staycations this year. What better way to travel but through a blog hop. This hop was inspired by our host Shawnee's journey across the United States as she traveled with her family to their new home. The United States is truly beautiful with many wonderful places to visit and see.
If you are starting here for Delaware, then you are in the right place!! Please make sure you hop through all the states because you won't want to miss out on any of the fun (or any of the blog candy!!)...
There is an AMAZING Grand Prize Package for one LUCKY hopper (winner chosen by Rafflecopter)!! To be entered to win, please do the following:
- Visit each state and leave a comment on each project (simply follow the links provided below)
- Like Blessed on the Bright Side and Handmade By Lisa FB Pages.
Cricut Cartridge - Destinations, beautiful handmade flowers from Shannon at Creative Chaos Flowers, and a $20 Gift Certificate to Scraptastical Kreations.
Now on to my state and my project....
My first post is for Delaware...The First State....The Diamond State. I decided that for this project, that I would bring history and what I love about Delaware together in one canvas. Enjoy.
Canvas is a 12 by 12
Storybook cricut cartridge
Sapphire acylic paint
Distress Ink in Frayed Burlap
The background of my canvas.....
State Flower: Peach Blossom
State Bird: Blue Hen Chicken
State Tree: American Holly
- Delaware was the first state to ratify the United States Constitution making it the first state in the union in 1787
- With Delaware being 97miles in length and 35miles across the longest part of the state, the state is 49th in size and 45th in population.
- Delaware Memorial Bridge is the second longest twin suspension bridges in the world. It connects Delaware to New Jersey
- Holy Trinity Church also known as Old Swedes is said to be "the nation's oldest church building still standing as originally built. It was completed in 1698.
- One of my most favorite places in Delaware has to be the beaches. Rehoboth Beach titles itself "The Nations Summer Capital"
- Of course Delaware is the home of tax free shopping
- Grottos Pizza was founded in 1960. It was a tradition for my family, friends and I to hit a Grottos every time we went to the beach. Grottos is only available in Delaware with 3 locations in Wilkes-Barre, PA. This pizza is insanely greasy but well worth it
- The Bobbie, your basic thanksgiving dinner wrapped up in a sub, was created at Capriotti's in Delaware. The Bobbie consists of mayo, turkey, stuffing and cranberry sauce and has been named the best sandwich in the country.
- Delaware is also home to the World Championship of Pumpkin Chunkin and yes I said that correctly. Basically machines are built so that pumpkins can be catapulted and thrown through the air.
Now you can hop to PENNSYLVANIA!! Remember to leave a comment on each state to be eligible for the GRAND PRIZE!!