Welcome to the 50 States Blog Hop!!
For the 50 States Blog Hop Delaware, click here.
Welcome to the 50 States Blog Hop! Most of us would love to travel but are having staycations this year. What better way to travel but through a blog hop. This hop was inspired by our host Shawnee's journey across the United States as she traveled with her family to their new home. The United States is truly beautiful with many wonderful places to visit and see.
If you've hopped along from ARKANSAS, then you are in the right place!! If you are just joining me from your dashboard or happened along from somewhere else, please be sure to CLICK HERE to start with the first state in the union, Delaware, because you won't want to miss out on any of the fun (or any of the blog candy!!)...
There is an AMAZING Grand Prize Package for one LUCKY hopper (winner chosen by Rafflecopter)!! To be entered to win, please do the following:
- Visit each state and leave a comment on each project (simply follow the links provided below)
- Like Blessed on the Bright Side and Handmade By Lisa FB Pages.
Cricut Cartridge - Destinations, beautiful handmade flowers from Shannon at Creative Chaos Flowers, and a $20 Gift Certificate to Scraptastical Kreations.
Now on to my state and my project....
I lived in Delaware my entire lift up until the end of April. My fiance accepted a position that brought us up here to Michigan. I'm still not too familar with this state so I decided that doing a project for Michigan was perfect for me to learn a little bit about my new home state.
8 by 8 shadow box bought at Joanns
Paper is from my scraps
Cricut cartridges-Wrap It Up, Destinations, Gypsy Wanderings
Lindy Stamp Gang Moon Shadow Mist in Silohette Silver
State Flower-Apple Blossom
State Tree-Eastern White Pine
- Joined the Union in 1837
- Henry Ford founded the Ford Motor Company in 1903. Detroit is known as Motor City.
- Michigan has the most lighthouses than any US state
- Makinac Bridge, which connects the Lower Pennisula to the Upper Pennisula, is the longest suspension bridge in the world
- Kellogg's started in 1906 in Battle Creek
- Vernor's Ginger Ale was the the first soda pop in the United States. It was made on accident in Detroit in 1866
- Singing sand can be found on the beach of Grand Haven. The sand particles make a whistling sound when walked on.
- Of course Michigan is known for the Great Lakes. The state has the longest freshwater shoreline in the United States. A person in Michigan is never more than 85 miles away from Great Lakes water and no more than 6 miles from a natural water source. The state is also one of the leaders in recreational boating.
Now you can hop to FLORIDA!! Remember to leave a comment on each state to be eligible for the GRAND PRIZE!!