Monday, November 5, 2012

Pins To Creations Feature-Pumpkin Spice Sugar Scrub


Hi everyone!  Happy Monday.  Did you all have a great weekend?!

I'm here today with a post for Pins To Creations.  I'm so excited that I get to kick off the Pins To Creations Designer Feature.

I came across this Pumpkin Spice Sugar Scrub not too long ago and wanted to give it a try.  If I like it I figured I would make more and give them as little gifts for a Thanksgiving/Fall treat to my girlfriends.

You can find the link to the blog by clicking here and below is the picture on the blog...



So I followed the recipe on the blog which called for...
1 C brown sugar
1/2 C white sugar
1 T pumpkin pie spice
1/2 C vegetable or sunflower oil 


 I mixed all the ingredients together and I decided to use Vegetable Oil.  I put it nicely in a container though this recipe didn't quite fill the container so when I go to make more I will be picking a different one.  Turned out pretty well, smells amazing but I think next time I will try another oil.  As you can tell in my picture it's a little more oily.  Here is my end result...



The fabric came from my stash.  I used the Spellbinders Nestabilities Small Circle and Small Scallop Circle.  The pumpkin stamp came from Jaded Blossom Thanksgiving Wishes and the sentiment comes from Jaded Blossom Simple Sayings.  The ink of choice was Stampin Up in Early Espresso.


Be sure to check out the Pins To Creations Blog.



Thanks so much for visiting.  Have a fabulous crafty day!

3 comments:

jessica said...

Thanks for sharing! I have wanted to try a scrub....suggestions as to another oil???

Pink Polka Dot Scrapping said...

Awesome! Love the sentiment!

Connie Can Crop said...

You can use grapeseed oil too. I love this! Gonna have to try the Pumpkin recipe!
Ihave a surprise for you...Please come over to my blog to check it out. http://conniecancrop.blogspot.com/2012/11/sunshine-blogger-award.html