Welcome to the Halloween Spooktacular Banners For Special Needs Kids Blog Hop.
Today and tomorrow (September 1st and 2nd), 30+fantastic papercrafters have come together to create Halloween-themed banners.They will then donate these banners to Ellen (CardMonkey), who works as Admissions Coordinator at Pediatric Specialty Care (PSC), www.pediatricspecialty.com.
PSC is a long-term care facility for special needs children who are medically-fragile and/or technologically-dependent. The babies, children and youths at PSC range in age from birth to 21, and are admitted from all over the country.
Some are infants, born prematurely and before their lungs have had a chance to mature. Others have serious birth defects,illnesses or injuries from accidents that cause them to need tender loving care in a home-like environment -- many for their lifetimes.
If you are coming from Sandie's Blog, you are right on track. If you just came across my blog and would like to hop along, please start over with Ellen.
Our banners are meant to cheer the young patients, their families, and the staff at PSC. Here is the banner that I made and will be sending to Ellen to decorate a child's room:
Papers are from my stash
Banner and font is from the Silhouette store
Carving Out Memories from Treasure Box Designs
Halloween Twine from Trendy Twine
ColorBox Chestnut Roan
White gel pen
Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Spiced Marmalade
I have made banners since we started the Halloween Banner Blog Hop last year. I just can't tell you how much I enjoy making them for the children. I would like to share my banners I've made thus far.
I'm so honored that I get to be a part of each blog hop that we've had for the kids. I thank Ellen for letting me be a part :)
Now the hop wouldn't be complete without some blog candy that Ellen is giving away....
This Hop is two days (Saturday, September 1 and Sunday, September 2), and on each day you will see different banners. Be sure to visit on both days to see the truly inspirational work of these generous bloggers, and leave some love (comments) on as many sites as you can – because if you do, you can increase your chances to win some Spooktacular blog candy from these kind sponsors:
$25 Gift Certificate to Madge's Scrappin Lounge
$15 Shopping Spree to Scrapping With Lisa Designs
|Lucy Kelleher (http://lucyk.ctmh.com)|
$10 Gift Certificate toward any CTMH product
Donated by Lucy Kelleher
Independent Consultant for Close to My Heart
Special entry requirements: To enter to win, you will need to leave a comment on Lucy's blog (http://love2createitall.com/) and become a follower of her blog. For an additional entry, "Like" her Facebook page at: https://www.facebook.com/LucyK.CTMH.
Limited to U.S. entrants only, sorry.
$10 Gift Certificate toward any Stampin' Up product
Donated by Debi Weidleman
Independent Consultant for Stampin' Up.
Limited to U.S. entrants only, sorry.
Two Cricut Cartridges ("Pretty Pennants" and "Mini Book")
Donated by Erica's Craft Room
$25 Gift Certificate to Paper Temptress
To qualify to win one of these great prizes, please leave a comment on (Hop Hostess Ellen ♥ CardMonkey's) blog site and answer this question:
What was your most memorable
Halloween costume, and how old were you
when you wore it?
In your comment, please leave a way for her to reach you if you're randomly picked to win one of the prizes! Leave additional comments (leave ♥love!) on as many banner makers’ sites as you’d like for extra chances to win!
Prize winners will be announced on Monday, September 3 on the CardMonkey site, where there will be a round-up of all of the Spooktacular banners for 2012.
Thanks for hopping by and be sure to stop back again tomorrow as I will have another banner tomorrow.
Your next stop is Pam's Blog!
Here is the lineup in case you get lost...
- Ellen ♥ CardMonkey - http://cardmonkey-business.blogspot.com/
- Sandie Dunne - http://sandieshores.blogspot.ie/search/label/banner%20hop
- Ashley - http://theglamoroussideofscrapping.blogspot.com/
- Pam - http://pammejo-scrapbookflair.blogspot.com/
- Shelly Lynn - http://kccroppers.blogspot.com/
- Doris - http://mybugandmecreate.blogspot.com/
- Janet S - http://www.ladyluvbug.blogspot.com/
- Lucy - http://love2createitall.blogspot.com/
- Jessica - http://chick-n-scrap.blogspot.com/
- Nancie - http://alittlepieceofmebynancie.blogspot.com/
- Patricia - http://blogs.papertemptress.com/
- Edwina - http://edwinascreations.blogspot.com/
- Shawnee - http://quiverofangels.blogspot.com/
- Beth - http://motherandaughterdesigns.blogspot.com/
- Susan - http://susanascorner.blogspot.com/
- Theresa ~ http://www.thescrapbookingqueen.com
- Lezlye- www.lezlyes.blogspot.com
- Robin L. ~ http://create-a-latte.blogspot.com
- Christine ~ http://thecuriouscrafter.blogspot.com/
- Scrappin Madge: http://www.thescrappinlounge.com